Subject: Keyboard goes mad
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Hattemer <chris@heaven.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/25/2001 21:52:18
Hi,

I tried to install a minimum system on partition 2 today to see if a fresh
install fixes the keyboard problem.
sysinst told me that I had two NetBSD partitions and that it would use
partition 2. But it did install on partition 1, where the other NetBSD
installation was.
No important data was lost in the process, but that means that I'm totally
locked out now because the console is broken and telnet is disabled.

I have a simple PS/2 keyboard which works perfectly with DOS and Windows and
is usable with the INSTALL kernel (reports a timeout when pressing caps
lock, the LED stays off but the caps function works), but it doesn't work
with a normal kernel (including GENERIC). When pressing a key it just
repeats the pressed key and blocks further input.
This all started when I removed the USB keyboard which I had connected for
some days. I'll probably need to get another one to try if all returns to
normal then.

Anybody with an idea how to fix this?

Bye, Chris

--
            __
           ///

For Sale: Positronic Brain - Found near S.F. - Needs Work