Subject: Console goes mad
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Hattemer <chris@heaven.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/24/2001 12:14:04
Hi,

I can't type anything on my PS/2 keyboard anymore, after pressing a single
key it's repeated and there's no way to stop it.

I used to have NetBSD 1.5.2/i386 on a machine with two keyboards connected
for some days since installation.
This were an USB and a PS/2 keyboard, I had both connected to find out which
one works better.

I noticed that the support for USB keyboards doesn't seem to work too well,
so I removed the USB keyboard while the machine was powered down.
Later I turned it on again and tried to log in at the console, but when I
press a key (at the remaining PS/2 keyboard) the charater is just repeated
and no other keys work. Login via network is still possible.
With Windows on the same machine the keyboard works Ok.

What's wrong now and how can it be fixed?

Bye, Chris

--
            __
           ///

Fire at will... No, not Commander Riker!