Subject: fxp media autonegotiation changed in 1.5.2?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Spindler <dogcow@redback.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/21/2001 15:33:34
I've had the following curious thing happen in netbooting the i386:

With 1.5, the initial PXE load was slow, the kernel load was
relatively quick, and the dhcp/bootp request for / took about a
second.

With 1.5.2, the initial PXE load is slow, the kernel load is
relatively quick, but the dhcp/bootp request for / times out, and
does not work on subsequent retries... until I plug the thing into
a crappy little hub, and then the dhcp/bootp request is immediately
seen and acted on!

The only thing I can think of that would cause this behavior is
something happened in 1.5.2 to the fxp driver to cause autonegotiation
to get worse; have any of y'all seen similar behavior?