Subject: NetBSD 1.5.2 fresh install
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: David <neko@ootcat.ok.shawcable.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/17/2001 12:23:52
	I just installed 1.5.2 today from a CD image I created with all the needed files and packages.  The problem is when I boot up the installed system, all seems file until it gets past:

boot device: wd0
root on wd0a dumps on wd0b
root file system type: ffs
warning: no /dev/console

	There's even:

wsdisplay0 at vga0: console <80x25 vt100 emulation, using wskbd0>

	Has anyone else encountered a missing /dev/console, and does anyone have an idea of how to fix that? I'm not sure of how to create it from the boot CD, not knowing what major-minor /dev/console is at the moment being, though I have a NetBSD 1.5 system unavailable right now.

David