Subject: Wireless old Notebook
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <fessel@DeTeMobil.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/17/2001 11:05:34
--==_Exmh_1947028684P

Hi!
Now that NetBSD is going to be bridging, i dug out my old notebook and tr=
ied =

to turn it into a 802.11b bridge.  This was so far not working.

It is a Toshiba T2130, and thus has no PCI or Cardbus.
When booted with only a Cisco 352 card it drops into the debugger during
pcmcia_disable while attaching the device.
When booted with the same card and a 3com ethernet card, after the an probe, i
get wdc0:0:0 lost interrupts, and that's it.
When booted with Lucent 11Mb silver card, it crashes during the attach.
When booted using this card and a 3com ethernet card, it comes up clean,
but when wi0 is going to be activated, it cannot get the card running because
of some kind of TX buffer memory allocation failure.

All this stuff works fine on a IBM thinkpad 600E with cardbus and pciide.

I really don't know anything about the pcmcia code and the strange
interactions with e.g. wdc controllers, so how should I proced?
I am willing to ship the notebook and at least one cisco 352 if someone inside
germany wants to tackle the problem and does not have this kind of equipment.
I also can probably anage to get serial bootblocks on the machine and get you
complete output of whatever you like ;-)

Cheers
	Oskar

--==_Exmh_1947028684P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBO6W83rA63tqjeAhZAQH1fgP9HDSJRfJ8foxYXheAHjxLpMslVSvU+cCd
ukdND1YBs+J3nFkkOupqqvtb5qYj5d95ivnihrYbbjUPgKXMJ49hncuKMYXHUZGe
gB4TQqHYf2GA2aEh9vzG152iRW7l4UJhOXqbdxJuvQlmhm7AozztprIwNnqJah2s
aSrgUNezttc=
=GIC/
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_1947028684P--