Subject: Re: NetBSD installation
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Georges Heinesch <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/15/2001 21:42:17
Quoting Frederick Bruckman (10-Sep-01 02:53:51):

> On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

>> On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 06:21:48PM +0100, Georges Heinesch wrote:
>> >
>> > However when booting up from WinNT, PartitionInfo (part of
>> > Powerquest's PartitionMagic) reported error:
>> >
>> > The EndCylinder is past the end of the drive (it is 5606 and
>> > should be
>> > 5605).

>> fdisk -u wd0 will allow you to change the CHS of the partition,
>> without changing its LBA. But make sure PartitionInfo is rigth
>> before :)

> I let PartitionInfo "fix" my CHS, and though now the CHS information
> makes no sense -- both of the partitions that start after 2G have
> the exact same CHS -- it doesn't seem to hurt anything on my modern
> laptop. (I use the NT boot selector on Windows 2000.) I guess the
> test as to whether the "fix" makes sense would be to try to boot
> with the same drive under an old 386 BIOS.

> Frederick

Sorry Frederick, but I didn't get what you said here. Could you
provide some more details about what I should try and why I should do
that. With this kind of manipulations, I usually only have one shot.

Thanks!

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei@geohei.lu