Subject: Re: COMPAQ Wireless card WL110
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/11/2001 23:37:59
Hi,

On 11 Sep 2001, at 8:10, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> It doesn't work.  More precisely, it's very easily cryptanalyzed;
> there's running code, etc.  A passive eavesdropper can crack 128-bit
> WEP with very little effort.

thanks, until now I only was aware, that WEP implementations are
not compatible when using products of different manufacturers.

Do you have sources for more information about this (crack tests
and such) and recommendations for alternatives? A client requested
a connection between two buildings in a city and I did not evaluate
the risks of wireless networks until now.

TIA

mike