Subject: ulpt0 - bidirectional problem
To: port-i386@netbsd.org <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ernst du Toit <ernstdt@ihug.co.nz>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/10/2001 16:05:24
Hi

I'm trying to read the status messages from my Epson Stylus Printer
attached via USB with epsUtils and escputil shipping with gimp-print.

Both fail trying to read from /dev/ulpt0. Does the ulpt driver in 1.5.1
support reading from the port?

escputil gives:
"Cannot read from /dev/ulpt0: Operation not supported by device", after
letting the printer make some head shuffling noises.

Since my model Epson is in the supported list, I'm kinda confused.

I've checked the access rights on /dev/ulpt0 and read/write access is
allowed and writing to the device works since I have no problem
printing.

--et