Subject: Re: multiuser X 4.1.0
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@marco.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/07/2001 15:00:57
In article <200109050646.f856kex03245@lethe.dachau.marco.de>,
	leo@lethe.dachau.marco.de (Matthias Pfaller) writes:
> in my config file I was able to run two X servers with two graphic
> boards and two keyboards on my machine. I still have to get some USB
> mice. For the first tests I just run without mice. Connecting a second
> keyboard to the mouseport worked like a charm. It looks like the X server
> will not work with the raw keyboard devices. I had to specify the mux devices
> in XF86Config.

Now that I have a couple of USB mice, I was able to really use my
multihead/multiuser X-Terminal. There are a two problems remaining
because I'm using a second keyboard connected to the mouseport.

First of all, the keyboard mapping for some of the keys seem to be
"unusual". The Insert/Home/PageUp/Remove/End/Pagedown and some other
keys report different scancodes to X than on the main keyboard. Any
ideas? I did a special xmodmap to make this work (so this isn't a
real problem). The other problem is that I'm unable to make autorepeat
work on the second keyboard.

Other than that I think everything is working quite fine. I suspect that
it would just work, if I'd get some USB-Keyboards :-)

Regards, Matthias
--
Matthias Pfaller                            Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH    Tel   +49 8131 5161-41