Subject: Re: pkg_delete not complete
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Bales <dead-goon@home.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/06/2001 04:15:10
I totally missed the first of this thread because I just subscribed to the
mailing list and am new to NetBSD.  I recently installed it and had no
problems except figuring out how to use the audio features and cdplayer. All
of my hardware was detected automagically and I must say that I'm glad for
that.  All I can say to you guys is keep looking through the documentation
because it's probably in there somewhere.  Doing searches of the mailing
list archive and on Google have helped me a few times and books about Unix
and Linux are sometimes helpful.  A good book that I've been using is
O'Reilly's Essential System Administration.  It at least tells me where I
might find config files and stuff, even if the info is a bit outdated and
generalized.

I've had experience with FreeBSD and Linux and both have their good points,
but don't give up on NetBSD just yet, because the satisfaction of getting
something to work and not giving up is very nice.

Joey

How
> many
> > CDs?  Just NetBSD itself, or does it include packages?
> >
> > I was able to boot OpenBSD diskette made from floppy29.fs, though I
hadn't
> > downloaded anything else, so I couldn't really do anything worthwhile.
It