Subject: Re: pkg_delete not complete
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/06/2001 03:45:55
From Gan Starling:

(snip)
>So it looks like I'm stuck. Am getting very, very
>frustrated with NetBSD. Except for the time already
>invested, I would most likely give up on it. Damn near
>everything I attempt to do is thwarted in some oblique
>(and often seemingly undocumented) fashion. If it weren't
>for the new NetBSD 1.5.2 complete CDROM set from Wasabi
>Systems being due out soon, I swear that I would give up
>on NetBSD.

>I have spent the whole damn weekend and got practically
>nothing to show for my time. If, after I get the new
>multi-CD set from Wasabi, I still have these kinds of
>major difficulties...then I WILL give up on NetBSD, and
>switch over to FreeBSD, or maybe Linux. At least those
>OS's have got a book that I could go out and buy.

You got further with NetBSD that I did!  I didn't even get through the initial
boot!  I still have DR-DOS 7.03 as the only OS installed and running.

What is that new NetBSD 1.5.2 complete CDROM set from Wasabi Systems?  How many
CDs?  Just NetBSD itself, or does it include packages?

I was able to boot OpenBSD diskette made from floppy29.fs, though I hadn't
downloaded anything else, so I couldn't really do anything worthwhile.  It seems
OpenBSD has a much smaller packages collection than NetBSD, FreeBSD or Linux.
Maybe OpenBSD has stricter criteria?