Subject: "No operating system".
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/05/2001 18:28:32
So, I am trying to install NetBSD on an old SCSI drive, attached via a
Symbios card.  Install goes fine.  On reboot, "no operating system".  If
I run the utility shell and to "fdisk -B", I get the boot-loader menu...
and then "3", meaning "no operating system".

There's an FDISK table, with one entry (the NetBSD partition) filling the
disk, and NetBSD is in it and flagged active.  What else should I be looking
for?  The machine does have an IDE disk, but I've disabled it in the BIOS
for now.  Eventually, I want to boot from the SCSI drive and use the IDE
drive for scratch space.

1.5.1, and I've used this CD to install other systems with no problems.  The
Symbios card is an old Diamond "Fireport 40".  (3C875J)

-s