Subject: Re: Win2000 & NetBSD Install Help!
To: Amit Kulkarni <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: BrownM03 <brownm03@bigpond.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/02/2001 08:18:28
Amit

wd0 is IDE primary master
wd1 is IDE primary slave
sd0 is SCSI drive 1...

the 4th alpha is the partition "number"
eg. wd0a wd0b wd0c ... up to "h"

try
disklabel wd0
and
fdisk wd0
to see which partitions are on the disk

(use "man fdisk" or "man disklabel" to find out what each does)

try making a dir under /mnt
eg. mkdir /mnt/mybigfat32
then mount the partition and check it out
mount -t vfat /dev/wd0? /mnt/mybigfat32
(i think that's about right ... replace "?" of course :)

if disklabel and fdisk are too much for you,
just try the "stab in the dark" approach
ie. start at h and work down
(i dont think it will let you do too much damage :)

mount -t vfat /dev/wd0? /mnt/mybigfat32   (error msgs?)
ls /mnt/mybigfat32    (file listing?)
umount /mnt/mybigfat32
(make sure it's unmounted before you try anything else)

im not 100% sure about the details
(i dont have immediate access to my netbsd box ... it's "busy":))
... but I think you get the idea

Marcus