Subject: Re: Win2000 & NetBSD Install Help!
To: BrownM03 <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Amit Kulkarni <amitkulz@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/01/2001 16:28:19
Hi:
Pardon my lack of knowledge...
But I don't know which device the file system resides...
I now have a C: ( NTFS), E: ( for keeping the binary sets) and F:(for
NetBSD)
I boot and tried to mount wd0a, wd0b etc.... but I don't know exactly where
the E: is there.
I cd to /dev and there's 100's of devices, I try to a ls- alt and try to
mount anything on Sept 1 2001
but no luck. Initially the sysinstall does say that your drive is wd0.

Any ideas on finding out how to go about mounting the partition on which the
binary sets reside ?

Thanks

Here's what install.html says ==>
Installation from an unmounted file system
In order to install from a local file system, you will need to specify the
device that the file system resides on (for example sd1e) the type of the
file system, and the directory on the specified file system where the sets
are located. sysinst will then check if it can indeed access the sets at
that location.