Subject: Re: Win2000 & NetBSD Install Help!
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Analysis&Solutions <info@analysisandsolutions.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/01/2001 13:58:38
> I used Partition Magic to create a FAT32 partition, then FTP'd the whole =
> NetBSD 1.5.1 onto a=20
> c:/i386/binary/sets which is a NTFS (I don't know if it's NTFS4 or =
> NTFS5) I have a Win2000 SP2

Here's what I'd do

  Part 1:  NTFS for W2K
  Part 2:  Blank space where NetBSD will go
  Part 3:  FAT-32 to store the binary sets
  Part 4:  whatever...

You don't need to create and then destroy/convert a FAT-32 partition just
to get a NetBSD partition.

Also, you can arrange the partitions in any order your heart desires.

FAT-32 can be read by both OS's, that's why the sets should go there.

This is how I did my install.  Worked like a charm.

For more detailed instructions if you need, search the mailing list
archives for a posting I made about two months ago on this topic.

--Dan

PS:  Get rid of the HTML email, dude.

             More than just answers.  Solutions.   (SM)
                http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/
 4015 7 Av #4, Brooklyn NY 11232   v: 718-854-0335   f: 718-854-0409