Subject: Re: Trying to use GRUB to boot NetBSD 1.5
To: scott worley <folokai@earthlink.net>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/31/2001 18:02:20
On Aug 31,  7:39am, scott worley wrote:
>This does start booting NetBSD but the process stops and queries me for
>root location.

GRUB does not grok the new boot info structure that current kernels use
by default.  I saw there was two ways to handle the problem -- teach
GRUB about the new structure, or to compile the kernel with "options
COMPAT_OLDBOOT" (not documented AFAICT).  I chose the latter. ;)

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>

If you're not very clever you should be conciliatory.
		-- Benjamin Disraeli