Subject: Re: boot1.fs too big for floppy???
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/30/2001 09:54:47
On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 06:29:47PM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> > I'd suggest trying the NetBSD rawrite.exe - I have found that the linux
>
> netbsd rawrite.exe???
> linux version?
>
> i only know DOS version of rawrite.

How about "The DOS rawrite.exe that NetBSD ships in the utilities directory",
does that make more sense?

The point being that there are several versions of rawrite.exe around, and
some of them may have issues.  e.g. they traded speed for reliability on
some hardware.  If you have a Windows machine the NetBSD provided rawrite32
utility seems to be quite reliable, fast, and provides an MD5 checksum for
comparison.

-Andrew