Subject: Tekram SCSI
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/29/2001 13:43:08
Greetings,

I know this should go to some kernel developer list but maybe someone can help me anyway. My problem is this: I have a Tekram SCSI controller ( a DC319U ) with a controller chip
developed by Tekram. Bad. I checked their web site and found drivers for BeOS ( good ! ), Linux ( I rather expected this ) and finally Free- and NetBSD ( even better !). Here the
problem starts: the driver is for NetBSD 1.4 and I use 1.5.1. It didn't compile because some #defines changed names and some flags changed their position ( struct scsipi_xfer had a
member called flags, now it has xc_status and xc_control ... no big problems ). What I didn't find were 2 functions called timeout() and untimeout() - where did they go and how did they
change ? I would like to get this driver running and maybe see it integrated into the next -current...

thanks in advance
Michael