Subject: Re: PermitRootLogin in SSHd (WAS: Re: Telnet logins)
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Tim Preston <tim@flibble.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/28/2001 11:10:11
Curt Sampson wibbled one day

> I can make the change, though I'm not really sure I noticed a consensus.
> But did anyone have any particularly severe objections (other than just
> personal peference for not changing that one option on system install)
> to having "no" as a default?

The rule of 'Least Surprise' would suggest that since this is a change
in the default behaviour as previously shipped n NetBSD (and ssh
distributions IIRC) that this change, if made, should be clearly
documented in a fairly aggressive manner =)

I've wasted valuable time when 'stealth' changes to pervious behaviour
have occured in systems I've looked after before. I just don't trust
documentation anymore ;)

--
I'm back...