Subject: Re: umount won't
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/27/2001 10:45:40
On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> Sure, but the PCMCIA infrastructure doesn't make the same
> presumption that the SCSI or ATAPI infrastructure does. The
> assumption in question here is that when the kernel tells the drive
> to lock its door, it does.

Yes, but you can't assume that, just because the door is locked, the
filesystem will remain accessible until you unlock the door. The ATAPI
system ought to be able to deal with the fact that, when it's talking
to my ATAPI CD-ROM via a USB/ATAPI cable, that cable can be removed at
any time, thus making the entire atapibus device disappear.

(I'm not sure just what happens in such a situation, because I've still
not got the darn thing working properly under NetBSD yet, but that's a
different story.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 3 5778 0123   http://www.netbsd.org