Subject: Re: Software compiling
To: None <paolo.torelli@students.univr.it>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/24/2001 20:31:19
On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Torelli Paolo wrote:

> I'd like to compile the kernel and the packages optimized for my
> architecture (i686) avoiding the backward compatibility (i386-i586).

What sort of performance increases can one expect to see with this?
(I'm wondering if it's worth doing this on my relatively slow (600 MHz
Cursoe) i686 machine. Probably not for the world and packages, given
how long it takes to build them, but it might be worth it for a kernel.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 3 5778 0123   http://www.netbsd.org