Subject: Re: Software compiling
To: None <paolo.torelli@students.univr.it>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/24/2001 11:10:59
	For packages and NetBSD userland you may want to install
	'devel/cpuflags', and add '.sinclude "/usr/pkg/share/mk/cpuflags.mk"'
	to your /etc/mk.conf (documented in cpuflags(8)).

	Or just run 'cpuflags' to see what the value would be :)

	cpuflags works out the appropriate values to set in CFLAGS and
	CXXFLAGS based on the CPU, and also sets a CPU_DIR variable in
	case you want to generate binary packages. Its most useful if
	you have a bunch of different machines and want to make sure
	each gets the right flags, and shares the right set of binary
	packages.

--
		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --