Subject: Re: IBM Thinkpads w/ NetBSD (or other recommendations?)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Lahey <kml@patheticgeek.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/23/2001 10:57:59
In message <200108151658.f7FGwNM08502@guild.plethora.net>Peter Seebach writes
>In message <20010815161741.24557.qmail@patheticgeek.net>, "Kevin Lahey" writes
>>I need to buy a laptop for work (my employer is picking up the bill),
>>and I'm still trying to figure out what to get.  The IBM Thinkpad X
>>and T series look pretty good to me [...]

>*internal* 802.11?  Wow, that's cool.

Yup, I'm sort of amazed at the cool stuff that comes built-in to
the latest and greatest laptops.  There are plenty of laptops
out there with modems, Ethernet, AND 802.11b stuff built in.
I guess Apple led the way, but I'm still amazed at seeing
stuff like FireWire and MemoryStick interfaces...

Thanks to everyone for confirmation of the worthiness of the T-series.
I'm gonna try one out in person and then buy it very soon now...

Thanks again,

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net