Subject: Re: XFree86 4.1.0 core dumps on Toshiba portage 300CT
To: Kazuhiko Takai <kazuhiko_takai@anet.ne.jp>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/21/2001 20:46:29
On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Kazuhiko Takai wrote:

> Thank you much for your quick reply. Attached are the xinit logs of 4.0.3 and 4.1.0.
> I hope they would be of help.

Well, it looks like it crashes when it enters the driver to make it
actually bring up the screen. Unfortunately, I don't see any particular
differences between the two in driver or configuration. Probably you'll
have to run gdb on it, do a "bt" to get a stack backtrace, and look at
the code to see what might be blowing up. And maybe submit a bug report
to the XFree86 project.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 3 5778 0123   http://www.netbsd.org