Subject: Re: IBM Auto 16/4 Token Ring PC Card and 535E
To: None <clan@wheel.dk>
From: Wada Keiji <keiji@hiemalis.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/20/2001 21:53:09

> On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Wada Keiji wrote:
>
> > Now I tried IBM PCMCIA Token Ring Card with 1.5X and ThinkPad 535E.
> > But It does not work.
> >
> > dmesg is below...
> >
> > tr2 at pcmcia0 function 0 port 0xa20-0xa27: can't allocate sram space
> >
> > And If the card detach, system is halted...
> >
> > Does anyone use this card? I think the sram that Token Ring Card
> > needed is too big, but I have no idea.
>
> The TR allocates quite a deal of sram.
>
> I'm using a Turbo 16/4 Token Ring in my IBM TP 770X w/o that sort of
> problems. Are you using other PCMCIA drivers at the same time or have you
> been playing with Cardbus?

I don't use other PCMCIA drivers at the same time.  Once I tried the
535E restart with a Token Ring card, but 535E has same problem.

And I tried a Turbo Token Ring, but I have the same problem.

I think my kernel has a bad configuration.
I added below line to GENERIC and make kernel. Is this right?

tr*   at pcmcia? function ?           # IBM TROPIC based Token-Ring

Thanks.
Wada Keiji