Subject: Re: System crash - how to read data
To: salo <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
From: Andreas Priebe <andreas.priebe@promos-consult.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/18/2001 19:32:37
> from /sys/arch/i386/conf/INSTALL kernel configuration file it seems, that it
> should be probably supported by aic driver but i am not sure. anoyone with
> bigger experience?

I tried the rescue disk from a current snapshot.
This recognized the controller and the disk (Quantum Atlas II 4GB)
fine, but said

sd0 no disk label

When running "disklabel sd0" it showed only the d partition, and said
something about finding 4 (!!!) partitions.
The latter sounds good, but I was unable to access thes partitions
with a mount.

Any ideas?

Andreas
* Andreas Priebe                E-Mail:   Andreas.Priebe@promos-consult.de *
* Promos consult GmbH & Co KG   Tel/FAX:             030 243 117 -13 / -29 *