Subject: Re: Acorp MB and AMR modem.
To: Simas Mockevicius <symka@vejas.lt>
From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/13/2001 10:14:02

> Hi,
>
> one user on IRC ask me, if NetBSD can run this stuff:
> Main Board: Acorp i810 PPGA
> Modem: AMR 56kbps V.90 ?

second probably no as these AMR modems are winmodems.

> If so, he would install it as workstation. I have heard, that AMR modems don't
> supported even on Linux and other UNIX,  is this true ? and is there is a way to
> write a drivers for it ?

if you like and can get specs for AMR modems then i don't see any problem
of writing driver. write tty/dty compatible driver for it emulating
minimally: CD signal, ATZ, ATDT/P commands.

i don't know to which bus AMR is connected - will it be:

amr0 at pci0
amodem0 at amr0

or

amr0 at isa0