Subject: Re: Wireless network card query - D-Link and Linksys
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Lets Go Canes <letsgonhlcanes@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/10/2001 13:11:05
Hi all.

     Following up on my own e-mail with additional info.

> The Linksys card claims: "Utilizes Intersil
> HFA3841/HFA3842 chip sets".

     I was able to find more info which indicated that the "Intersil
HFA3841/HFA3842 chip sets" are designed to work with the PRISM II
chipsets.  So, if I am reading things correctly, both the Linksys and
D-Link wireless adapters are PRISM II, which means that they should
work, although a patch to identify specfic vendor IDs might be needed.

Any other info or corrections are still most welcome!

=====