Subject: Re: Laptop initial compatability test
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/09/2001 15:25:14
On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Peter Seebach wrote:
> * Audio is an ESS chipset, a "1988", apparently a Maestro 3, which we have
>   PCI device ID stuff for, but no explicit support.  I may try the naive
>   approach to add this to the Maestro 2 driver, but I may not.

The Maestro 3 is a different beast than the Maestro 2 it seems... FreeBSD
has a separate maestro3 driver in their source tree. Looks like you'll
have to write your own driver for the thing...

Looking at their maestro3.c, there are links to some resources that would
most likely be helpful:

  http://www.zabbo.net/maestro3
  http://virgo.caltech.edu/~dmoore/maestro3.pdf.gz

and of course, you could always look at FreeBSD's
sys/dev/sound/pci/maestro3.c for help as well.

Hope this helps,
Jared