Subject: Yet another WSCONS question
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ben C <bensbrain@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/09/2001 10:36:42
Hi folks, I've been trying to get keyboard inputs using wskbd*

Here's my setup:

PC system running stripped down NetBSD. NetBSD boots up using a serial
console from which I can run commands from command line.

The PC has a PS/2 keyboard which (according to the boot messages) is
detected as pckbc0, pckbd0 and wskbd0 is attached is pckbd0.

I have created /dev/wskbd, /dev/wskbd0 and the rest of the wscons stuff.

Now, I wrote a little test utility that:
a. kbd=open("/dev/wskbd0",O_RDONLY,0), and it returns >=0
b. read(kbd,&kbkey,sizeof(kbkey)) where kbkey is unsigned char

Now, read always returns >0 with kbkey==0 whether or not I press a key on
the Ps/2 keyboard.

Is there anything that I missed out here?

I have also tried running "wsconscfg -k" before running the test utility.

Thanks.

Ben