Subject: Re: 1.5 Package on 1.5.1?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/09/2001 12:12:30
Hello David!

  DB> If you are using pkgsrc you can just 'make package' in
    > the appropriate directory, then copy the binary
    > package(s) across to the other machine and 'pkg_add'
    > them.

That sounds fairly straightforward. Do I have to do anything
to prevent the compiler from optimising for the chip it's
compiled on (rather than the target chip)?

  DB> I've compiled up apache and postgresql on an 8MB 386,
    > running diskless (don't ask), so its really only the
    > disk space issue that keeps your 486 from building
    > itself :)

I imagine that took a wee while.  The 486 machine's disk
situation is a lot better now than it was, the secondary ATA
disk seems to have about 150Mb of space, none of which is
used at present. It isn't necessarily mounted where it could
be of most use, but that's probably fixable.

Regards,
  - Andy Ball