Subject: Toshiba Libretto L1 Experiences
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/08/2001 14:07:16
So I spent about fifteen minutes at Bic Camera yesterday trying to
convince myself I could learn to type on the keyboard of a Casio
MPC-206, and I can now say with quite a lot of confidence "It's never
gonna happen." Ouch.

So I'm now adding another 150g in my quest for a portable NetBSD device
and looking at the Toshiba Libretto L1. Kinda sucks that it doesn't have
on-board Ethernet, but the screen is nicer (1280x600) and the keyboard
is typable for me.

Anyway, it looks like a pretty standard beastie, and I've found an X11
config file for it already, so I can't see that there'd be any major
problems with it, but before I buy one it would be comforting to know that
someone else is actually running NetBSD on it. I'd also appreciate hints
on doing the install. I'd like to wipe WinME off the disk for example,
but what's the best way to boot the thing after that?

(I really hope this one works out for me; otherwise at this rate I'm
going to end up with eight kilogram device before I'm happy.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>  +81 3 5778 0123   de gustibus, aut bene aut nihil
	    "The chain which can be yanked is not the eternal chain."