Subject: Re: hang after "isa0 at pcib0"
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/04/2001 03:42:56
On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 02:11:16PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> Booting 1.5.1/i386 (and also 1.5/i386) on a Toshiba Satellite 3000 hangs
> after "isa0 at pcib0".
>
> There's a good lot of kernel output before, and a lot of devices are
> recognized, but then the machine hangs hard. Ctl+alt+esc doesn't get me
> anywhere. This is with the multiboot-image from ftp.iastate.edu, i.e. with
> the 2.88MB floppy image.
>
> Where can I go from here?

Well, I suspect it hangs on probing a device. The hard part is to find which
one.
'boot -d' and set a break point to isaattach(). Then single-step until
you find in which xxxprobe routine it hangs (once you're in a probe routine
you can use 'n' to skip all the subroutines).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>