Subject: pci cardbus problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <afeisy@mail.lokmail.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/02/2001 08:12:15
Hi,
Sorry for posting this in two places; I'm not sure which place is most apt
since the error originates from /sys/dev/pci/pccbb.c.

I recently installed NetBSD 1.5.1 on an unbranded laptop. It has a
Texas Instrument's PCI-1225 CardBus controller, with an IBM NE4100 Infomover
network card in slot 1.
Upon boot up, and shutdown (minus the interupting.. stuff), the following
errors occurs:

cbb0: bad Vcc request. sock_ctrl 0xffffff88 sock_status 0xffffffff
interupting at irq 10
cacheline 0x8 lattime 0x20
bhlc 0x821008 lscp 0x30030300
cbb1: bad Vcc request. sock_ctrl 0xffffff88 sock_status 0xffffffff
interupting at irq 10
cacheline 0x8 lattime 0x20
bhlc 0x821008 lscp 0x20030300

The errors prevent the network card from being seen.
These errors did not occur one boot, which allowed me to install NetBSD.
I do not believe it to be faulty hardware (as such), since windows works
with it consistantly.
Any ideas?

Thanks