Subject: Re: Multiple busses of the same kind
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/31/2001 18:21:22
On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

:  > >  > True, but then wouldn't both of these isa busses appear in different parts
:  > >  > of the processor's address space?
:  > >  >
:  > >  > Does our isa code deal with isa busses not being at 0-1 MB?
:  > >
:  > > Um, that can't happen :-)
:  >
:  > as referring to 0-1MB of the CPU address space, not 0-1MB of the PCI
:  > address space.
:
: All, well, on almost all platforms *OTHER* than the PC, the ISA bus
: is in fact not in 0-1MB of CPU address space.

The point was that the origins of the thread referred to an i386 laptop with
two pcib's when docked, although I don't believe that it was ever confirmed
to have a real ISA bus inside the docking station (...I'd believe so,
though).

Is this a situation that we can handle?

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.