Subject: Re: Problem with Adaptec AIC-6360 on SoundBlaster board and NetBSD-1.5
To: None <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Gerald C. Simmons <simmons@darykon.cet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/31/2001 14:52:48
On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 02:06:33PM -0700, Gerald C. Simmons wrote:
> > O.K. Made requested change to aic6360.c. Recompiled - Rebooted w/ aic_debug set to 0xFF.
> > Nothing different happened.
> >
> > What next???
>
> OK, so the problem seems to be at hardware level then, as no interrupts are
> recieved by software. Or maybe the interrupt is masked in some register,
> but I don't have infos on this chips to check this.
>
> Can you try to boot a 1.4.x kernel ? I'm almost sure this driver worked
> at this time.

YES! I tried it again yesterday, just to be sure. It works perfectly.

I even set my SCSI device ID on my CD-ROM to 0, just to make sure the 1.5.1. driver wasn't
waiting for a device that wasn't there. No change.

I tried to put the 1.4.2 driver into the 1.5.1 kernel (aic6360.c, aic6360reg.h, aic6360var.h,)
but the compiler puked on some undefined references. Looks like the SCSI subsystem changed
a bit between 1.4.2 and 1.5.1.

Can you give me any hints on what to try next??  Is there a was to cobble the 1.4.2 driver
in that I'm not aware of???

Gerry Simmons
simmons@darykon.cet.com