Subject: Re: Still struggling with networking
To: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/30/2001 13:11:45
On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 04:53:18PM -0400, Andy Ball wrote:

>   AG> Hmm, I was confused by you not listing the port.
>
> But I did!  (see above ;-)

The '-p' isn't needed in your case then.  You should just
add the following to /etc/rc.conf:
    dhclient_flags="-q ne0"

Presumably that should stop the error messages.  This assumes
the messages are not because 'ne0' is having issues. :)

> So, do you think I can solve my DHCP problems by rolling a
> custom kernel?

You could.  It would free up RAM as well, since you can remove
tons of stuff you don't need.  The rc.conf change is quicker and
will confirm whether the error still happens.

-Andrew