Subject: Re: Still struggling with networking
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/30/2001 16:21:37
Hello Steve!

  SMB> Do you have other interfaces defined?  I think I've
     > seen dhclient mutter about such things in the past,
     > before I removed them from my kernel.

I don't really know, I'm still working with the generic
kernel.  Now that the machine is connected to the network I
may be able to download a compiler and source code to roll a
custom one... if I can make enough disk space.

This seems like a good opportunity to ask a question that I
have been wondering about.  On this machine NetBSD is
installed on the secondary ATA disk drive. The boot selector
program is in the master boot record of the primary ATA
drive.  Can I label and make a filesystem on the primary
drive without screwing up the all-important master boot
record?

Regards,
  - Andy Ball.