Subject: Still struggling with networking
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/30/2001 14:58:19
Hello!

It seems that my DHCP confusion is not yet completely
resolved.  Running dhclient produces a few error messages
about IPV6 not being enabled, and then I get error messages
displayed on the console every few seconds...

  dhclient: send_packet: network is down

...I tried running dhclient -p ne0 which may have reduced
the frequency of these errors a little, but I would like to
be able to weed them out altogether.

Apart from these error messages dhclient seems to be
working.  It succeeds in getting an IP address and
apparently DNS addresses too (I can access remote hosts by
name rather than IP number).

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Regards,
  - Andy Ball.