Subject: Re: csu breakage
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/30/2001 08:08:19
>	last night i started "make build" and went to bed, and found that
>	newly compiled binaries are completely hosed.  the build stopped
>	at lib/libasn1, because lib/asn1/asn1_compile generated non-working
>	binary.  i guess sometihng is wrong in C startup code (csu*.o),
>	environment variable passing in libc, and/or something alike.
>	any ideas?

	i was careful enough about the following, but I wasn't.  i brought
	in /usr/bin/make from 1.5V snapshot and now workarounded the
	issue.  the i cannot repeat my failure scenario, so i cannot propose
	an additional wording for this.  anyway thanks.

itojun

---
20010718:

	Enabled correct .init/.fini processing in crt0.  The way this
	was done was to change a -I directive to cc(1), which means
	make(1) will have a stale dependency (it will be checking the
	timestamp on the wrong "dot_init.h").

	The symptom you will see is that new programs die with SIGSEGV
	if you have a stale dependency.

	Solution: "make cleandir" in both lib/csu and libexec/ld.elf_so
	before starting your build.