Subject: Re: XDM under XFree86-4.1.0 behaving strangely?
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/27/2001 10:30:24
On Thursday 26 July 2001  9:25 am, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> > Subject: XDM under XFree86-4.1.0 behaving strangely?
> >
> > Greetings, all!
> >
> > When I have xdm start automagically from /etc/rc, the keyboard refuses
> > to respond; when I start it manually (via login as xdm), it behaves
> > fine.
> >
> > Anyone else have this problem?
>
> no. i have 4.1.0 without problem
>
> pidfile="/var/run/${name}-pid"
>                         ^^^^
> here was "." and should be - with 4.1.0 - but it shouldn't be your
> problem.

That was updated, the latest in tree 4.1.0 creates it with .pid :)

One problem I did encounter was that it refused to startup at all, turns out
that my /etc/XF86Config file wasn't correct, however logging in as root it
worked find.  The reason being that root had an XF86Config file in it's home
dir (probably from me playing with xf86setup)  So it might be worth checking
you've not got another copy floating around in a home dir that should be in
/etc ;)

Cheers,
Chris