Subject: Re: XDM under XFree86-4.1.0 behaving strangely?
To: None <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/26/2001 15:55:07
Martin Weber wrote:
> *steam* it just happened again. Not the whole keyboard's gone, but some keys
> start to misinterpret keypress and -release. No Xdm running, just a plain
> startx. What triggered the problem obviously, was that I started the X from
> the 8th console, not from the 1st like usual...

Is getty running on the 8th console? Note nothing else should be
running on the console. The entry in /etc/ttys should be like

ttyE7   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   off secure

You should also configure your Xserver to use screen number 8, for
example by  editing /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers (or /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers)
to contain something like:

:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X vt08

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!