Subject: Re: eap driver and sb 128 pci
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Audun Arnesen Nordal <audun@stud.cs.uit.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/26/2001 10:47:18
On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> Try "sh MAKEDEV audio".

I did that too, and it completed without any complaints.

> There are obviously dozens of different version of the SB PCI 128. And
> I'm among the few lucky ones which have a fully supported card. BTW:
> who many external audio plugs does your SB PCI 128 have?

It's got line out, amplified out and mic in as well as a midi (joystick?)
port. The cd that came with it has "Vibra 128" printed on it. Clearly (?)
I've got a somewhat different card than whoever wrote the driver had, as
mine attatches as
eap0 at pci2 dev 10 function 0: vendor 0x1274 product 0x5880 CT5880C (rev.
0x02)
w/o recognizing the vendor etc.

If I can't get my sb 128 pci to work, I'd be happy to send it to someone
if anyone would like to try to patch up the driver. Just drop me a line.

Best regards,

--
Audun Nordal