Subject: Re: XDM under XFree86-4.1.0 behaving strangely?
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/26/2001 09:24:49
On Thursday 26 July 2001 01:00 you've wrote:
> 	Does this happen under a GENERIC kernel?

Well, not a 100% generic, but one where the only thing I changed was hardware
stuff... I am using multiple wsconsoles, It happened to me under both vt05
and vt08. Now don't ask me if I had a getty running on that console at that
time, I guess when I switched to vt08 for the first time and it hung I had
not yet a getty running tere though ;)

> 	If so, can you switch back & forth from X and the main console?
> 	(CTRL+ALT+F1 ans CTRL+ALT+F5).

Nada. Well, as I said, it happened to my mouse, too, already (ps/2 mouse ->
wsmouse , wsmouse for X). But on the other hand I think those issues were at
the same time when my Quantum lost all interrupts all of the time when trying
to have it run with DMA2 (*whine a quantim bigfoot 4G that despite of all
trial & error and even some burnt braincells does no longer want to run with
DMA ;( - Erm well. ) Just thought it might be related, because when it
happened for the first time what was directly ahead of nothing responding any
longer was a freeze, and then a syslog message about a lost interrupt after
some time, and then my mouse was dead ;>)

Martin Weber