Subject: Re: two ep at isa cards (3c509)
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/25/2001 13:39:44
[ On Wednesday, July 25, 2001 at 10:26:25 (-0300), Jared D. McNeill wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: two ep at isa cards (3c509)
>
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> > how should i configure them?
> >
> > ep0 at isa0 port ? irq ?
> > ep1 at isa0 port ? irq ?
>
> The following should do the trick:
>   ep* at isa? port ? irq ?
>
> and just incase one of the cards is in isapnp mode, you might want to add:
>   ep* at isapnp?

I would very very strongly recommend against trying to use isapnp in
combination with any fixed configuration for ep.

Every time I've used isapnp it also claims the same card even though
it's already been probed and attached by the fixed configuration.  Even
if only one of the probes is correct (ep probes seem to have many false
positives!), there's no guarantee either will work, and if it does no
guarantee it'll work reliably.

Choose one or the other (i.e. either fixed configs, or isapnp).

--
							Greg A. Woods