Subject: Re: How to get hardware supported?
To: Bill O'Neill <boneill@cc.wwu.edu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/24/2001 20:35:50
On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 07:31:34PM -0700, Bill O'Neill wrote:
> That may be a  possibility. What would be the best way for me to get it to
> you.

Just send it to me by mail ?

> Would the same be possible for the Intel PRO/1000T adapter (82543GC
> gigabit controller) ? To answer another question from Jaromir about probe
> results on the Promise card, here is the output from NetBSD 1.5.1:

Is it a 1000baseT or 1000baseSX interface ?
But I suspect someone is already working on this one, and I've already enouth
to do with IDE drivers :)

> Promise Technology product 0x4d68 (miscellaneous mass storage, interface
> 0x85, revision 0x01) at pci2 dev 12 function 0

Yes, I know about this one.

> For the Intel PRO/1000T adapter:
>
> Intel product 0x1004 (ethernet network, revision 0x02) at pci4 dev 6
> function 0 not configured
>
> For the embedded Adaptec AIC-7899 SCSI controller: (I believe this is the
> output)
>
> ahc1 at pci3 dev 4 function 0: unable to map registers
> ahc2 at pci3 dev 4 function 1: unable to map registers

Hum, we already ran into this one. This one is supported by NetBSD but it seems
that the BIOS maps it in a way NetBSD can't handle.

> I really wanted to try the Promise Ultra/100TX2 due to its capability to use
> the 66MHZ PCI interface  and also the Intel PRO/1000T due to its using both
> the 64-bit and 66MHZ PCI interface, but I understand someone has to write
> support for these.

You can get one of the adapters built around the tigon II chip to test this
(netgear GA620, 3com 3c985, etc).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>