Subject: Re: How to get hardware supported?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Bill O'Neill <boneill@cc.wwu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/23/2001 19:31:34
That may be a  possibility. What would be the best way for me to get it to
you. Would the same be possible for the Intel PRO/1000T adapter (82543GC
gigabit controller) ? To answer another question from Jaromir about probe
results on the Promise card, here is the output from NetBSD 1.5.1:

Promise Technology product 0x4d68 (miscellaneous mass storage, interface
0x85, revision 0x01) at pci2 dev 12 function 0

For the Intel PRO/1000T adapter:

Intel product 0x1004 (ethernet network, revision 0x02) at pci4 dev 6
function 0 not configured

For the embedded Adaptec AIC-7899 SCSI controller: (I believe this is the
output)

ahc1 at pci3 dev 4 function 0: unable to map registers
ahc2 at pci3 dev 4 function 1: unable to map registers

I really wanted to try the Promise Ultra/100TX2 due to its capability to use
the 66MHZ PCI interface  and also the Intel PRO/1000T due to its using both
the 64-bit and 66MHZ PCI interface, but I understand someone has to write
support for these.

Thank you all.

-Bill