Subject: Re: How to get hardware supported?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Konrad Neuwirth <konrad@fimsch.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/23/2001 22:33:32
Hi Jaromír,

> Don't know about others, but chances are the Promise Ultra100/TX2
> controller would not be too hard to support, since Promise Ultra100
> is already supported. How does NetBSD probe the card, what
> does the kernel write when you boot NetBSD?

The 100 TX/2 is register incompatible with the Ultra 100.  I have
-- unsucessfully -- tried getting documentation out of Promise on
that card, but finally decided to just skip it.  I sold my
brand-new TX/2 and got myself the older, supported, card via ebay.

   Archive has some discussion from my trials with the card,
including debug output on booting, AFAIR.

Sincerely,
 Konrad Neuwirth