Subject: Re: How to get hardware supported?
To: Bill O'Neill <boneill@cc.wwu.edu>
From: Jaromír <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/23/2001 22:25:21
Bill O'Neill wrote:
> Would like to know the process of how to get hardware supported
> in current or future releases? In particular, I have a new Dell
> 2500SC server and would like to use the following hardware: the
> embedded Adaptec AIC-7899 SCSI controller, an Intel Pro/1000T Server
> adapter and the Promise Ultra100/TX2 IDE controller card.

Don't know about others, but chances are the Promise Ultra100/TX2
controller would not be too hard to support, since Promise Ultra100
is already supported. How does NetBSD probe the card, what
does the kernel write when you boot NetBSD?

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
NetBSD - just plain best OS! -=*=- Got spare MCA cards or docs? Hand me them!