Subject: Re: buggy OPTi pciide
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Henry Nelson <henry@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/23/2001 14:39:57
> you posted.  I was still seeing pciide0:0:0: lost interrupt messages on
> boot and was unable to install.  So, as an exercise in narrowing things
> down I then built a kernel using stock 1.5.1 sources which had pciide
> removed so that it was using strictly wdc.  I still got the same

Have you tried building a kernel with the PCIBIOS options?  By doing so,
I now have my IBM PC750 purring along with *any* isapnp or isa card.  No
pci card ever worked, so I gave up on them.

henry nelson

# Configure PCI using BIOS information
options         PCIBIOS                 # PCI BIOS support
#options        PCIBIOSVERBOSE          # PCI BIOS verbose info
options         PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI I/O addresses
#options        PCIBIOS_BUS_FIXUP       # fixup PCI bus numbering
#options        PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI interrupt routing
#options        PCIBIOS_IRQS_HINT=0x0a00 # PCI interrupts hint. IRQ 9 or 11
#options        PCIBIOS_INTR_GUESS      # see pcibios(4)